System and Software Safety
Eurofins Expert Services offers third party independent services for the reliability inspection and estimation of safety critical functions of software, hardware and automated systems.
By these services it is ensured that the features and quality of products fulfil the requirements of laws, regulations, standards, and guidelines as well as and requirements set by the users for the products.
Eurofins Expert Services has FINAS validity accreditation and experience to make inspections and estimations for systems (including hardware and software) concerning all safety integrity levels (SIL). We estimate and inspect systems and software according to the essential safety standards, including IEC 61508-1..7, EN IEC 61511-1..3 (Process industry), EN IEC 62061 (Machinery safety), EN ISO 13849-1..2 (Machinery safety), IEC 61513 (Nuclear power) and EN 50129 (Railways). Estimation can be done also according to machine specific standards.
Customers reach the biggest benefit from our services if they are utilized already in the definition phase of a product process. We offer functional safety related expert services to all lines of business, manufacturers and users.
Our services include Notified Body services (NB 0537) relating to e.g.
Development and support services
- Support for product process and application process development
- Support for system and software acquisition
- Definition, analysis and calculation of SIL and PL for the electrical and electronic control systems and functions.
Services for Independent Safety Assessment (ISA)
- Estimation of safety and quality management systems
- Estimation of product process and application project
- Other expert assessments
- Verification and validation
- Functional safety assessment
- Application of risk analysis methods and reliability techniques (FMEA, FMEDA, FTA, HAZOP, etc.)
- Training services
FINAS has accredited the qualification areas of type A inspection according to the requirements of EN ISO/IEC 17020 standards relating to the functional safety.
Read more about our accreditations