Burning behavior and fire safety requirements of interior products, furnishing and textiles
By testing you can show that the product is fire safe and meets requirements
Our versatile test methods are at you service for measuring the burning behaviour and fire safety of interior products, furnishings and textiles. We are at your disposal already in the product development process and we help you in planning the tests needed. The test facilities can be used for approvals, for consumer safety or for marketing purpose.
Requirements for fire safety of interior products, furnishings and textiles depends on the purpose of use
We make tests according to the European and international standards for measuring the fire safety of these products. There are different test methods, requirements and approval procedures for interior products, furnishings and textiles in buildings ships, motor vehicles and railway vehicles.
In Finland, according to decree, it is prohibited to sell or import mattresses or upholstered furniture's which can be ignited by a smoldering cigarette in test according to the European standards; mattresses according to EN 597-1 and upholstered furniture according to EN 1021-1.
The fire safety instructions for furnishings and textiles in public premises
The instructions for fire safety of furnishings and textiles in public premises in Finland are presented in publication of Finnish Building Information Foundation RTS, RT 08-11098 (SIT 08-610087, KH 60-00506) Sisusteiden paloturvallisuus. Julkiset tilat. dated December 2012 (only in Finnish).
Ignitability classes for furnishings and textiles in Finland
Furnishings and textiles can be classified according to the publication of Finnish Building Information Foundation RTS RT 08-11098 (SIT 08-610087, KH 60-00509). Fire test methods and requirements in different classes for curtains, mattresses, bedding items and upholstered furniture's are presented in the publication. There are three ignitability classes; difficult to ignite (SL1), normally ignitable (SL2) and easily ignitable (S3).
Our services in fire testing and classification of furnishings and textiles
- Ignitability of upholstered furniture by a smoldering cigarette and flame EN 1021-1 and-2
- Ignitability of upholstered furniture by a smoldering cigarette and flame IMO 2010 FTCP Part 8
- Ignitability of mattresses by a smoldering cigarette and flame EN 597-1 and -2
- Ignitability of bedding components by a smoldering cigarette and flame IMO 2010 FTCP Part 9
- Ignitability of bedding items by a smoldering cigarette and flame EN ISO 12952-1 and -2
- Classification scheme - burning behaviour of bedding items EN 14533
- Ignitability of curtains EN 1101
- Flame spread of curtains EN 1102
- Ignitability of textiles EN ISO 6940
- Fire spread of textiles EN ISO 6941
- Classification scheme of curtains EN 13773
- Ignitability of curtains IMO 2010 FTCP Part 7
- Burning behaviour of clothing textiles EN 1103
- Burning behaviour of children's nightwear EN 14878
- Horizontal burning rate of materials in motor vehicles Reg. 118 Annex 6
- Melting behaviour of materials in motor vehicles Reg. 118 Annex 7
- Vertical burning rate of materials in motor vehicles Reg. 118 Annex 8
- Fire safety of sleeping bags SFS 5431
- Fire safety of tents EN 1102 and IMO 2010 FTCP Part