Services of the Notified Body and Independent Safety Assessor for railways
In the railway industry, Eurofins Expert Services acts as the Notified Body in accordance with the Interoperability and Railway Safety Directives and as the Independent Safety Assessor (ISA). We carry out assessments on all structural subsystems of the railway system (infrastructure, energy, guidance, control and signalling) as well as the rolling stock.
Eurofins Expert Services is a type A inspection body accredited by FINAS accreditation service (a truly independent third party) and the safeguarding authority appointed for the railway industry by Trafi, the Finnish Transport Safety Agency. Read more about our accreditations
Our expert and assessment services help railway operators with inspections related to the safety of significant changes, the market entry of new sites and systems, as well as commissioning and the review of the suitability and life cycle of technical systems.
Services of the Notified Body for railways
- Assessments of conformity and suitability for use in accordance with the Technical Specifications for Interoperability (TSIs)
- Technical inspections of the structural subsystems and the factors of interoperability
- EC inspections EC certificates of conformity, inspection certificates and certifications
Services of the Independent Safety Assessor (ISA)
- Safety assessments in accordance with the CSM regulation (EU) No 402/2013 and the CENELEC standards (EN 50126, EN 50128, EN 50129)
- Assessments of technical systems and their safety integrity level (SIL)
- Audits and assessments of the safety management systems (SMS)
- Third party expert services
- Assessments of the suitability and life cycle of railway technology and the fleet (RAMS)
- Independent expert statements
- Audits and certifications of operational system systems