Local application IMO MSC.1/Circ.1387
We conduct fire tests according to International Maritime Organization (IMO) test methods. Our expertise, facilities and equipment fulfills the requirements set out in the IMO test procedures.
In addition, we actively participate in the development work of IMO test methods to assure up to date services.
IMO MSC.1/Circ.1387 is in the scope of accreditation of Eurofins Expert Services.
The test procedure describes a fire test method for evaluating the effectiveness of fixed water-based local application fire fighting systems.
The test method is intended to evaluate
- Maximum nozzle spacing
- Minimum and maximum distance from the nozzle to the hazard
- Minimum nozzle flow rate
- Nozzle angle, if any
- Minimum operating pressure
Essentially the test procedure consists of following items
- Sufficiently large test enclosure with adequate natural or forced ventilation during the fire test (e.g. our large fire test hall)
- Two different spray fire scenarios (nominal HRR 1 MW and 6 MW)
- Ten fire tests in total
- Fire load is light diesel oil
- Acceptance criteria are based on extinguishment of test fires within 5 minutes of system activation