Testing Services for Waterproofing Products and Kits
Waterproofing products and kits are used for preventing water from penetrating the building structures for instance in wet rooms. We offer testing services for product development, product approval, and factory production control. The test results can be used for Product Certificate or for CE-marking of the products and systems through ETA-procedure (ETAG-022 Watertight Covering Kits for Wet Room floors and or walls).
Eurofins Expert Services determines by testing the properties of all liquid based water barriers, sheets, and mats including their respective accessory products. Most of the testing methods of Eurofins Expert Services are accredited by national accreditation services (FINAS T001). Additionally, Eurofins Expert Services is a notified body for a number of product standards.
We are happy to serve you in all your needs concerning testing, CE-marking, product approvals and factory quality control of water barrier products and kits.
The testing methods
We comply with the requirements of product and testing standards but when needed and possible we can also adapt the testing programs to your needs such as for product development purposes.
- Density on primer and waterproofing
- Dry matter content of primer and waterproofing
- Water barrier or primer IR-analysis
- Waterproofing in liquid form: applicability and thickness of finished membrane ETAG 022, annex D
- Flexible sheets for waterproofing. Determination of watertightness: EN 1928 100 mm H2O / 14 d (mod.)
- Watertightness of waterproofing membrane (150 kPa H2O / 7 d): EN 14891
- Water tightness around penetrations and other details in wet room floors with flexible substrate: ETAG 022, annex A
- Water tightness around penetrations and other details in wet room floors with rigid substrate: ETAG 022, annex G
- Water tightness and resistance to water and moisture of walls with flexible substrate: ETAG 022, annex E
- Water tightness around penetrations and other details in wet room walls with flexible substrate: ETAG 022, annex F
- Determination of water vapour transmission properties: EN 12572
- Impermeability when subject to movement of the underlying material - Tensile and shear loading: ETAG 022, annex B
- Determination of crack bridging properties on gypsum board substrate: EN 1062-7 (mod.)
- Determination of crack bridging properties on concrete substrate: EN 1062-7
- Determination of tensile adhesion strength for cementitious adhesives (initial, water, heat and/or alkaline): EN 12004-2 / EN 14891
- Determination of tensile adhesion strength for cementitious adhesives after freeze-thaw cycling: EN 12004-2
- Adhesives for tiles. Determination of open time: EN 12004-2
- Adhesives for tiles. Determination of slip: EN 12004-2
- Adhesives for tiles. Determination of transverse deformation for cementitious adhesives and grouts: EN 12004-2
- Determination of bulk density of fresh mortar: SFS EN 1015-6
- TG-analysis of mortars
- Grouts for tiles. Determination of flexural and compressive strength: EN 12808-3
- Grouts for tiles. Determination of shrinkage: EN 12808-4
- Grouts for tiles. Determination of water absorption: EN 12808-5