Accomodation, public spaces and service areas IMO Res. MSC.265(84)
We conduct fire tests according to International Maritime Organization (IMO) test methods. Our expertise, facilities and equipment fulfils the requirements set out in the IMO test procedures. In addition, we actively participate in the development work of IMO test methods to assure up to date services.
IMO Res. MSC.265(84) is in the scope of accreditation of Eurofins Expert Services Ltd.
The test procedure describes a fire test method for evaluating the effectiveness of water mist systems in accommodation and service areas on board ships.
The test procedure presents three main test scenarios
Cabin and corridor
- Typical test configuration is 3 m x 4 m, 2.5 m high cabin which is connected to a 1.5 m x 12 m long corridor
- Four cabin and two corridor fire tests
- Main fire loads are polyether mattresses
- Acceptance criteria are mainly based on temperature measurements and evaluation of damage on mattresses
- Fire tests are conducted under a rectangular false ceiling of at least 80 m2 in area and it is set to 2.5 m and 5.0 m height, respectively
- Ten fire tests
- Main fire loads are polyether mattresses Acceptance criteria are mainly based on the temperature measurements and the evaluation of damage on mattresses
- Fire tests are conducted under a rectangular false ceiling of at least 80 m2 in area and it is set to 2.5 m height
- Three fire tests
- Main fire loads are cardboard boxes packed with plastic cups
- Acceptance criteria are based on the evaluation of damage on boxes and target cartons